When we start our day with a prayer we are assured of one thing. That all will be fine because we are attuned with God. But are we really assured of that?
Let me tell you what a typical day for me is.
When i wake up in the morning there are three things that i do. As soon as i open my eyes, i make the sign of the cross and say a little prayer – well, the usual – Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be. Then i go to the bathroom and do my morning rituals after that i change my clothes. How about you? What do you do? You might ask, why am i asking you all these questions.
Its because i believe that what you do the moment you wake up will make your day.
Yes, praying before you start your day will bring you a long way. It reminds you that God is in control and that the reason you are still alive is because He wills it. And we have to be thankful for that. Being thankful to God every minute and every moment will remind you to be Holy. As in Peter 1:15-16 ” But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
These thankfulness to God all throughout the day helps us build a relationship with God. Therefore we will be attuned to God. Meaning we will be like Him, Holy in every aspect.
So how do we become Holy every minute of every day?
First of all, we should be devoted to God in prayer. Prayer is our relationship with God. When we pray, we becomes friends with God. When we become friends with God we establish that special bond with Him.
So, during the day whatever comes our way, we pray and pause and in that way we will be able to do what is morally right at a particular situation. That to me is Holiness in practice. So what are these,
– when you sit at the dining table and you notice that the food prepared is either burnt or does not taste good. Instead of lashing out words that will hurt the feelings of those who cooked and prepared it, just thank God that you have food to eat.
– when the dress you are wearing is crumpled and does not look good on you. Pause and thank God that you have clothes to wear.
– when a motorcycle cuts your way, instead of uttering bad word, pause and Praise God that nothing happened to your car.
– When you get to the office and you notice that the things you wanted are not yet done. Pause and thank God that you have work.
I can rattle on a lot of things that you can relate too but this will occupy a lot of space.
What i want to drive at is, when things go wrong and sometimes they will.
1. Always be thankful for all the things that are happening in your life. Whether it be a blessing or a trial.
2. Wear a smile not a frown. When you keep on smiling the whole world smiles back at you.
3. Positive thoughts begets positive attitude.
4. Prayer is the key to all.
5. Be a blessing to others. Helping others will come a long way. Pay it forward.
And if we do this all throughout the day then we become Holy. So the moment we wake up, we don’t put on our make up but say a little prayer.
Have a good day everyone. May you all be richly and abundantly be blessed!