2 tbsps. Canola Oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cups peeled cubed sweet potato
1 tsp grated ginger
3 cups less sodium vegetable broth or water
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add onions and saute for 4 mins
3. Add potato and carrots and stir well to coat the potatoes and carrots with the oil.
4. Add the grated ginger and vegetable broth.
5. Bring to a boil and let simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender.
6. Use a hand mixer to make a smooth soup.
Here is my version of a Pork Asado
1/2 kilo Pork sliced thinly into squares
1 tbsp garlic minced
1 tbsp onion chopped
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp kecap manis
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 pc pork cube
1. Saute garlic and onion.
2. Add the pork and saute for awhile. Then add enough water to cover the pork and boil until pork is tender.
3. When water has been reduced to one half add the soy sauce and kecap manis. Stir thoroughly.
4. Cook until pork is very tender and sauce has reduced to 1/4.
5. Disperse cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water and add to the pork and stir thoroughly.
6. Remove from pan and serve.
¼ kg beef, sukiyaki sliced
1 c pechay baguio, coarsely shredded
· Melt butter in a saucepan. Sauté the garlic and onion. Add the beef and cook until browned. Add the Kikkoman, Mirin and water. Bring to a boil then simmer until beef is tender.
· Add the carrots and cook until tender crisp. Then add the pechay baguio and tokwa and MSG.
· Serve hot in individual bowls and drop 1 egg in each bowl if desired. Stir well.
Recipe Courtesy of Bubut Sarao
from my recipes http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/easy-shepherds-pie-00420000017979/