300 ml cream
40 g butter
100 g grated Parmesan Cheese
40 g freshly grated Fontina Cheese
75 g crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
40 g grated Provolone Cheese
- Put the cream, butter, Parmesan, Fontina, Gorgonzola and Provolone in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until cheeses have melted into a rich and smooth sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss through the hot pasta until well combined.
USE: 375 g penne or short pasta shape.
6 large ripe Tomatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
4 tbsps capers, rinsed and squeezed dry
7-8 anchovies in oil, drained and chopped
150 g Kalamata Olives
3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Score a cross in the base of each tomato. Put the tomatoes in a bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds, then plunge into cold water and peel the skin away from the cross. Dice the tomato flesh.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes, and cook for 30 seconds before adding the capers, anchovies and diced tomato.
- Simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes, or until thick and pulpy. Stir in the olives and parsley.
- Add the hot pasta to the sauce and toss thoroughly until well combined.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.
This sauce can be used for 375 g spaghetti.
4 pcs green onions
1 cup shrimps,shelled and cleaned
1 tbsp flour with a pinch of baking powder
2 tbsp cooking oil
- Chop green onions and fry in cooking oil.
- Beat eggs until lemon colored.
- Add flour with baking powder.
- Add shrimps into flour and add salt to taste.
- Put a spoonful into frying pan with enough oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
1 onion sliced
3-4 pieces half ripe tomatoes quartered
1 small sachet Sinigang sa Sampaloc mix
200 fresh shrimps(medium sized)
4 cups water
1 tsp salt
200 gms kangkong leaves and tender stalks or spinach leaves or stringbeans
- Place onion and tomatoes on the water and let boil.
- When boiling add salt and Sinigang sa Sampalok mix.
- Add the shrimps.
- When shrimps are red colored or thoroughly cooked add the vegetables last .
- Serve hot with a cup of steaming rice.