Classic Pomodoro ( PASTA)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried thyme
1 piece dried bay leaf
3 tablespoons torn basil leaves
freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, to serve ( optional)
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and cook the onion over medium heat or 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding the tomato, tomato paste, dried parsley, thyme and bay leaf.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Add the basil.
- Toss over a hot pasta and serve with grated Parmesan Cheese.