Fried Chicken – Mom style
1 whole chicken
1 tbsp dried rosemary leaves
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 cups water
1 tbsp cornstarch
oil for frying
- Place 2 cups water on a steamer. Add the spices,rosemary leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken on top of the steamer.
- Boil till chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from steamer and let cool for an hour, preferably in a freezer.
- Cut chicken in half.
- Rub cornstarch on the chicken and then dip in egg.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a tomato catsup