Mozzarella and Smoked Ham Stuffed Tomatoes
8 ripe tomatoes
1 cup breadcrumbs
2/3 cup chopped smoked ham
4 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
4 tablespoons chopped herbs ( basil, oregano)
salt and pepper to taste
5-6 tablespoons olive oil
8 cubes mozzarella
8 leaves of lettuce
- Slice the tomatoes crosswise in halves. Remove the seeds. Arrange on a baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, ham, Parmesan cheese and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and blend well.
- Fill the tomatoes with this mixture. Top each with a cube of mozzarella and sprinkle with more bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 180 degrees C oven for 15 mins.
- Serve the tomatoes on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Source: Taste and See ( A Couples for Christ International Cookbook).