6 large ripe Tomatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
4 tbsps capers, rinsed and squeezed dry
7-8 anchovies in oil, drained and chopped
150 g Kalamata Olives
3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Score a cross in the base of each tomato. Put the tomatoes in a bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds, then plunge into cold water and peel the skin away from the cross. Dice the tomato flesh.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes, and cook for 30 seconds before adding the capers, anchovies and diced tomato.
- Simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes, or until thick and pulpy. Stir in the olives and parsley.
- Add the hot pasta to the sauce and toss thoroughly until well combined.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.